from Savannah Seasons ….
- 1 recipe cornmeal pie crust
- 3 cups peeled and sliced peaches (6 peaches)
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 3 tablespoons quick cooking tapioca
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blackberries (can sub 4 cups of blueberries)
Preheat oven to 375.
Roll out cornmeal crust on a floured board. Place it in a 9″ buttered pie pan and chill.
Combine 1 cup of the peaches, the corn starch, the tapioca, the sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil and cook stirring, until thick and shiny about 5 minutes.
Cool for 10 minutes, stir in the rest of the fruit and berries and spoon into the chilled pie shell. Top with the second crust (a lattice works nicely) and bake for 50 minutes until the fruit bubbles and the crust browns.