This was amazing. George made it messing around in the kitchen. When I tasted it, I asked him right then what he did so I’d be able to make it again. The sprouted quinoa and rice mix was something he found at Costco.
- 1 cup of sprouted quinoa & rice mix
- 1 3/4 cup of water
Bring the water to a boil, add the grain mixture, cover and cook on low for 25 minutes. Take off the heat and let it sit covered to steam for 10 minutes.
Toss the grains with a fork and add the following tossing as you go:
- 1/4 olive oil (more or less)
- two stalks celery, chopped
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped
- dried parsley (2 tablespoons?)
- marjoram (a pinch more or less)
- zest of one lemon
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced
- drizzle of habanero oil (we got this from a specialty store at 30A Avenue
Thirty A Olive Oil Co. – a link to the store where we bought the habenero oil