From Carmen ….
Use your favorite marinade. I like 1 part Dale’s : 1 part Italian dressing but ONLY FOR 30 MINUTES or you will ruin the chicken because Dale’s is so salty.
***Do not purchase low sodium Dale’s. It is disgusting.
Now, here is my secret to perfectly juicy boneless skinless chicken breast every time.
COOK A TEST PIECE.
I cook chicken breasts on a George Foreman grill if I’m making a little, on a griddle if I’m making a lot, in an electric skillet if I’m glamping or if I need to be resourceful about space, or in a cast iron skillet if I don’t care about adding fat calories which I usually don’t.
1. Pound the chicken breasts out so that they are equal thickness throughout. This prevents overcooking the thinner end.
2. Start with a test piece at 4 minutes on one side and 3 minutes on the other. Keep in mind on a George Foreman that both sides are cooking at the same time so you only need 4 minutes total cooking time.
3. Let “test breast” rest 5 minutes, slice open, adjust cooking time for remaining pieces. Adjust cooking times so that there is a lot of clear juice but no pink in the center.
What to do with it:
1. Serve as is. It’s perfect, remember?
2. Pulse a few times in the food processor and freeze it. Use in soups, salads, sandwiches, pasta, chicken salad recipes, the options are endless. Reconstitute in the microwave or on the stove top with broth or any other liquid of your choice. This trick makes life pretty quick and easy.