I use this recipe except that I sub 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar + 1 cup chicken broth for 1 1/2 cups vinegar the recipe calls for. I also use about 6 dates instead of honey and process it all in our Vitamix.
Today I made this and dumped in another quart of broth, about 4 cups of frozen mixed veggies and leftover BBQ shredded chicken and pork. You got it – Brunswick stew!! It was so yummy and there’s plenty leftover for tomorrow.
In case the link breaks:
- 2 Tablespoons ghee or your fat of choice
- ½ white onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1½ cups apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco or hot sauce