George loves chili that is thick, heavy, and spicy.
I found this recipe in an old Southern Living and made it last night. It was a home run for him. For me, it was too thick and spicy to just eat. I ate mine with tortilla chips more like a dip or nachos.
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cans of pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 8 oz. cans of tomato sauce
- 1 12 oz. bottle dark beer
- 1 14 1/2 oz. can of beef broth
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 4.5 oz. can diced green chilis
- 2 T. chili powder
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 t. ground cumin
- 1 – 2 t. ground red pepper
- 1 t. paprika
- 1 t. hot sauce
Saute first 3 items together in a heavy Dutch oven, add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, lower to a simmer, and cook for several hours on low.