This is from Fine Cooking #42. It serves 2 – 3 and it’s a great soup when you feel like you need to boost your immunity with a ton of green veggies and garlic.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6-8 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 6 oz. fresh cheese tortellini
- 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 10 oz. fresh spinach, washed, stems removed, and coarsely chopped (or cheat if you really feel puny and just buy a pack of frozen spinach)
- 8 – 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped (again, you can cheat and use a little dried basil)
- fresh grated Parmesan cheese
Saute the garlic in the butter for just a minute or two. Add the broth; bring to a boil. Add the fresh tortellini and cook for 3 1/2 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and serve piping hot.