This is an Southern Living recipe and it was a big hit when I made it.
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 8 oz. Velvetta
- 4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons chicken flavored bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas</li.
Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile melt butter in a large Dutch oven, saute the chopped vegetables until tender.
Add the milk and cheese cooking and stirring until the cheese melts.
Stir in bouillon granules and pepper.
Combine the cornstarch and water, stir into the soup and cook until it’s thickened (this won’t take long).
Add macaroni, peas and corn. Stir and serve.